User Tools

Site Tools


Final Exam Week Office Hours

Monday 11-2pm, Wednesday 9-11am and 2-3pm, Thursday 11-2pm

Section Grade

70% of the final grade is reserved for two midterms and a final exam while the remaining 30% is earned in class. In section 3, 20 of the 30 percentage points are earned through weekly quizzes administered on Thursdays and 10 of the 30 percentage points are earned through class participation and homework.

Homework will be assigned every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Homework will be randomly collected and only a limited number of questions will be graded. The selected questions will be graded on a scale of 0, 1, or 2 points. Homework will only be collected on the third MWF after it has been assigned; ie homework assigned on a Monday will typically be collected the following Monday.

To earn credit, homework must be professional: clean paper (not torn from a notebook), not obviously a first draft (a minimal number of scratch-outs), and laid out in a coherent manner with enough space for instructor comments. I will not be collecting assignments all the time, but with clear solutions to assigned problems you will have excellent review material.

Section grades will be recorded using blackboard.

Quiz Announcements

  • Review Quiz: Thursday 12/11.- Solution
  • Quiz 10: Thursday 12/4 on Sections 5.3 and 5.4.
  • Quiz 9: Monday 11/24 on Sections 5.1-5.2.- Solution
  • Quiz 8: Monday 11/17 on Section 4.8.- Solution
  • Quiz 7: Thursday 10/30 on Sections 4.1-4.4.- Solution
  • Quiz 6: Thursday 10/23 on Sections 3.6-3.8.- Solution
  • Quiz 5: Friday 10/17 on Sections 3.4-3.5.- Solution
  • Quiz 4: Monday 10/13 on Sections 3.1-3.3.- Solution
  • Quiz 3: Wednesday 9/24 on Sections 2.1-2.4. - Solution
  • Quiz 2: Thursday 9/18 on Chapter 1. - Solution
  • Quiz 1: Thursday 9/11 on Sections 1.1-1.3. - Solution

math304/section3.txt · Last modified: 2017/01/05 18:20 (external edit)